Tuesday 15 October 2013

Limited palette study

For this limited palette drawing I used the two colours of black and red plus the white of the paper. The sense of depth is helped by the linear perspective of the buildings as they recede together with the narrowing of the pavement. The colour/aerial perspective was helped by using stronger colour on the nearest roof which fades out as it gets further away.
 
This view is of buildings in Kelvedon which I chose because I liked the shapes of the roofs. I went on Sunday as I still find it difficult to work when lots of people are around but I know this difficulty will diminish as I become more confident. However being a Sunday might make the atmosphere a little quiet but not as quiet as this seems in the sketch.  I found the preliminary sketch sufficiently useful. Also I took several photographs for home reference. However I believe the colour is fairly accurate as these are old hand made tiles and the houses have black wooden beams so fairly straightforward to depict. If I was doing this again I would like to capture more in the way of street furniture such as lampposts and signs as well as people.

No comments:

Post a Comment